Rapid Transformational Therapy FAQs
Find the answers to RTT FAQs and learn how the hypnotherapy process changes lives. If you don’t find the answer to your question below, please contact us for more information.
How does RTT work?
Rapid Transformational Therapy works by increasing a person’s level of suggestibility via hypnosis. The practise relaxes the conscious part of the mind to stimulate the subconscious. It achieves this through triggering alpha brain waves, the same way REM occurs when we sleep, to allow direct access to the subconscious mind.
It’s a science-based therapy used by clinicians to help people manage pain and overcome addictions, trauma, anxiety, emotional disorders and habits such as smoking or weight loss.
Milton Erickson, a medical hypnotist, defined hypnotism as: “An (altered) state of increased awareness and responsiveness to ideas.” Erikson believed a person’s unconscious mind to be a positive force that could aid the healing process.
What does RTT feel like?
Being under hypnosis is a natural state of mind where you’re safe and in control. You will be awake, aware, relaxed and cannot be made to do or say anything against your will.
If you’re able to play, pretend and be open to new ideas and suggestions, you’ll have a positive experience with hypnotherapy and RTT. As a result this is one of the reasons why Rapid Transformational Therapy works so successfully with children because their ability to play is boundless.
How long does it take?
RTT sessions last between 90 minutes to 2 hours. We start with an initial phone consultation before we meet in session. After the session, I will record a personalised recording that you can listen to for at least 21 days. I follow up with you on day 7 (text message) and day 21 (phone call) to see how you’re going. These are included in the price and help you recap and gain further insights afterwards.
Depending on the problem it can take up to 10 sessions for hypnotherapy to work. RTT often requires less sessions. Because hypnotherapy allows direct access to the unconcious mind, you can change your beliefs very quickly. In a subconscious state, we uncover the reasons why root causes make you act or react in a certain way.
Are there any side effects?
There are no negative side effects of hypnosis. Immediately you may feel tired, thirsty or need to use the toilet. Some people feel emotional for a few days following a session, which is a sign your body is processing changes to shift old habits and behaviours.
You may feel lighter, freer and find it easier to cope with stressors. Many of my clients feel better about the situation they came to see me about and gain the confidence to recognise and tackle other issues in their lives.
Your emotions are like a jar of marbles. If you rattle the jar, there will be some inevitable shifting and settling. Think of RTT like this and be kind to yourself.
When will I see changes in myself?
There are three main changes people experience from RTT. It’s important to remember every person responds differently.
- Immediate change to thoughts and behaviours: You may feel clear-headed after the session. Listen to your personalised recording. This will reinforce and increase these lighter, feel-good feelings. It is recommended to listen to the recording every day for 21 days or more
- Consistent change over 21 days: You may notice a steady increase in positive feelings as you continue to listen to your personal recording. Other thoughts may come up so be kind to yourself
- No notice of change: You may not notice any changes until you look back over a period of time and see big differences in your patterns and behaviours for the better. Often it’s family and friends who bring these changes to your attention
Will RTT work without me doing anything?
Rapid Transformational Therapy isn’t a magical cure. It cam do 60% of the work for you, but you must put in the other 40% for RTT and hypnotherapy to be successful. This includes listening to the recordings and being open to the process.
In hypnosis, your subconscious mind knows the answers you need to hear therefore trust that it will guide you to the right scenes. You’ll revisit past experiences and events which may be unpleasant but there will be no physical pain and you are completely aware and safe. These scenes are important to review (not relive) to observe and let go of them.
I live in a rural area, are there RTT therapists near me?
RTT sessions online are equally as effective as face-to-face.
I work with clients globally through online sessions. You will need internet and video calling access via computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone. RTT is accessible through Skype or Zoom. Both are reliable, free and easy-to-use. Send me an email if you’d like to video call and I’ll help set it up.